View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 02:04 PM

I’m considering getting a 25 to 27 foot WA at some point, but part of what will prevent me from pulling the trigger is gas prices. My 21 CC drinks enough gas as it is, but is a gas sipper compared to some vessels.

I think that Market conditions drive gas prices more that who’s in office by and large with very few exceptions. Obama did threaten to cripple the oil and gas industry with his cap and trade nonsense, but we beat him back.

Quote:
So if somebody wants to build a coal-powered plant, they can; it's just that it will bankrupt them because they're going to be charged a huge sum for all that greenhouse gas that's being emitted.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/p-j-gla...#ixzz1FNLThDdN
I don’t think cap and trade will see the light of day, the American people are too smart to allow that to happen. What I am more concerned with is the Middle East exploding and turning the markets on their heads. I’m so much as concerned about who is in office doing what or bad policy being put in place as I am about overall market conditions driven by world events.

I don't want to buy a boat only to not be able to afford to run it on account of Jihad Johnny and his merry band of towel headed Taliban getting cute with some Kalashnikovs and C4 in some far off land...