View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 07:47 PM

Default 5/6 - a Good day off TPL

Had a friend onboard today that was a self proclaimed "Jonah". He drove in from Williamsport,PA last night to go today. He has even been to New England chasing Stripers but never caught a legal one. His skunk had been happening for 7 years!!! Needless to say, the curse was broken today!! The Chesapeake pulled through for my friend and he was able to bring in not only A legal one, but 2 legal ones!!! And they were 38" and 39" to boot. We had another 38" today as well. 4 guys- 3 fish- that's not a bad day in my book!! Of course the Captain gets hosed out a fish when you come up short but I guess it was MY fault for not putting us on 1 more?!?!!?

One hit a nice new chart/glitter daisy chain i got from Fishnut, one hit on a white ROCK ON tandem rig, and one on a Spankin Striper. Plus, the 1st two we had on spit the hook halfway to the boat. We caught fish in 38', 42", and 80' but fished from 30'-104'. Oddly enough, of the action we had today, most of it came off the boat rods. I think only 1 knockdown and 1 fish were off the boards. Weird.... Also, we did seem to do much better when we got away from the other boats.
A good day and I was very happy to have hopefully helped end the pursuit of the "elusive" Striper for my buddy! . Back out Thursday (unless I sneak out before then )