Thread: Foggy Day 11/25
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2009, 10:20 PM

Mark; good talking to you as well. The day didn't start very well for me. I was to meet a friend of mine at 6:30 and then head to SP to meet Alan (justchillin) at his boat at 7 am. At 6:40 my cell rings and my friend WAKES ME UP. Oh, No. Throw on some clothes, brush teeth, take a leak, and hit the road running. I make it to SP by 7:20 (no traffic tickets), to see Alan's boat in the water and motor running. We hop on board and everyone puts on their rain gear. Mine's back at the house. No problem, I always carry a small 99 cent rain poncho in my lunch container for just such emergencies. I take out the small pouch and everyone laughs because it has a sticker on it that says, "Ollies, their price $1.99 our price 99 cents". I've had the darn thing for years!!! I get the darn thing out of the pouch and it is so old, it's all stuck together. I swear, if you had taken a hot iron and run it over the pouch and melted the darn thing together, it could not have been stuck together more tightly. I start to SLOWLY peel it apart, trying not to rip it. The darn thing was made out of the flimsiest plastic. As I peel it away, I start laughing. It reminded me of that fabled condom we all carried in our wallet; just in case. If we had ever needed it, it would have probably needed the same type of microsurgery necessary to peel this apart. Everyone laughed at my analogy, and 30 minutes later I was wearing a bright yellow hooded poncho that made me look like bigbird the rest of the day.
Anyway, we did manage 4 nice fish; with the biggest (44 in) caught by a first time fisherman from Pa. who was with us. Caught one putting lines out, two trolling with our spread, and one as we were pulling lines in. I thought there were fewer pots around, and saw two crab boats pulling pots and stacking them onboard. Thanks for the onwater tips. Great day with friends. 5th (Marty)