Thread: BPS gift cards
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 07:04 AM

Reds, it won't affect the charter captains too much. If you have a six pack, that's 18 rods. If the captain and mate are included, that's 24 rods.

Unfortunately, it is I, the little guy who is affected the most. If I take out two of my buddies, that's a max of 9 rods I can troll.
What I foresee happening, is that I will be forced to carry more anglers on my boat. How do I do this, one way (which I haven't done in the past) is to start posting for HO's.
In the past, when I took people out on my boat, expenses were on me. Now, if I have to start carrying 5 people in order to run 15 rods. I need to request HO's.
Charter captains were upset when a few guys posted for HOs, I can see why they thought this cut into their business, but now, HO requests are going to go through the roof. How else am I going to get four other people during the week on my boat without using the Internet?
This is a bad law. We need to get it repealed quickly.
It is also bad for those jigging. Right now, they are thinking, this doesn't affect me. I use one rod. Wait until they see 20 other boats jigging in their spot that holds a max of 5 boats. All the "googans" will be running their motors, stomping on the decks, and causing havoc.
Do they really think I am going to be trolling the channel with 6 rods. He'll no, I have a GPS and a map onboard. I can see where the drop offs and rips are created. I know where the bay bridge pilings are
Look for me and my fellow trollers to be shoulder to shoulder with you competing for the same fish.
This is a bad law, and it's a damn shame the way it was snuck into action.
I'm sure this is only one of many rants forthcoming from me.
Stay tuned
5th