Thread: Food savers??
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 11:45 AM

Steve - I am on my second Food Saver 'Upright Mpdel', which is a POS. The quality has really gone way down on these products. Theupright model is suppose to make the process effortless, but basically it uses an extra inch of product/bag for each sealing job, over non-upright models. Our first one lasted about 16 months before it crapped out. We called customer service and got no help. Even if it had of been within their 12 month warranty window, we were still out of luck since we never registered it within 30 days. Our only saving grace was we had bought it at Costco. Costco refunded our money without question. Nothing out there that really competes with the Food Saver, in the under $200 price range, so we bought another one from Costco. We saved all of the paper work and box and will just retrun it at Costco when it dies. Great piece of equipment when it is working correctly. The Food Saver customer service rep said we should have bought their Professional model since we use it more than once a week; kind of tells you right there that it isn't intended for "heavy" use. Gary is right about the Professional unit at Cabella's, but $400+ is not my cup of tea for a seal a meal unit....Don