View Single Post
Old 11-28-2015, 07:59 PM

Thanks Mako Mike for all that you did to see this was a success. Getting Atlantic Marina Resort to donate their facility (including boat slips, grounds, picnic tables, and grills) was huge.
I couldn't believe the variety of food. We went old school with hot dogs and beer, but there were Robin's fish taco's, smoked/grilled chicken, beef barbecue, burgers, and all the "fixin's" with salads and other delicious food.
I knew most of the participants, but still found a few new people What a great group of fishermen and their wives
As you said, it would have been very hard to beat the 60 degree dry weather with light winds today.

As I left my slip this morning, I was happy to see that no fog had rolled in last night. With good visibility, we decided to make the long run south to look for a nice fish. It is a testament to the type of people on this board that Jason saw us and called us over into the very same waters he was having success. His information helped us put the winning fish in the boat It's good to know that friendship overshadows competitiveness in this bragging rights tournament among fishing buddies.
With only 15 minutes left to fish, the 30 inch fish hit a board rod hard. Lolo made short work of the fat fish and we ran back home on flat water. With only 4 fish caught (two others came unglued) we were sure that one of Jason's 10 fish was going to dwarf our catch.
With only an inch to spare, 5th Tuition claimed both CBA and Judge bragging rights. My crew consisted of Bruce Lewin (36 Judge Hook 'EM"), Lolo Gensler (having a 36 Judge built), Jay Shipley (owner of my marina), and myself.
Bruce just had hip replacement surgery Oct 12th; and I brought my mom's handicap car placard in case we needed a "special" slip assignment

Great day on the water, and back on dry land.
Thanks to all who participated.
5th (Marty)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1950.jpg (88.7 KB, 18 views)