View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garlien View Post
Just saw this in someones post on the "other" board...

"Please be nice, not trying to start an argument."

Has is really gotten to that point...If so that is sad...I spend 99% of my time here now, am hoping others find this as safe a place as the New World was to the colonists as they tried to escape the oppresion of the Old World....
I am not sure it is bad at all. That board is huge now, and the larger a fishing board becomes the more likely a thread is going to be challenged. It seemed friendlier when it was smaller years ago, but that may be just a matter of scale. If this board grows to nearly 60,000 members, it will certainly have some nasty guys on it too. As it grows, it all depends on how the moderator handles things. It is certainly a balancing act and not easy.

Some guys will never learn how to disagree with others without becoming nasty. It is their nature and it will not change.

When I have an opinion that may differ from other posters I have a simple rule I try to follow. State the opinion one time; if challenged clarify my opinion with further explanation, if further challenged, move on. Arguing on the internet is a little like arguing with the insane. Even if you seem to win, what have you won?

Last edited by Wild Bill; 03-24-2010 at 01:41 PM.