View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Mikie;

I've dropped my MSSA membership and it is not I who is asking for a reallocation of the resourse.

I have not called for a ban on all netting.

I have not called for rockfish to have gamefish status.

I am guilty of two things; I am a rec angler, and I am disgusted with the poaching of the bays resourses. If you can't communicate with me, best of luck with those calling for one, or all of the above.
Sorry I can't get whatever it is that you are "selling".
Best of luck in your endevors.
5th (Marty)
I'm not "selling" anything other then common sense when approaching a problem instead of mass hysteria and trying to cash in on the situation.
I am just as disgusted as anyone else about the ILLEGAL nets. From your point of view, EVERYONE who holds a commercial license should know who's responsible and should turn them in. Guess what - it doesn't work that way. Do you know all of the recs who may break the law in a given year? The only good part of this whole mess is that ALL of these fish have been deducted from the commercial quota, therefore, there hasn't been a net loss of fish. They would have been caught legally if the season had run it's normal length. If the DNR does it's job effectively, maybe they can put these guys out of business.