View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeltor View Post
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/o...0,372447.story

Below is an excerpt from Candus responding to questions regarding the poaching...

"I'm generally not a conspiracy thinker but how do we know that someone within Maryland Saltwater Sportfishermen's Association or Coastal Conservation Association ranks (not sanctioned of course) didn't do the dirty deed to get total sport fish status?

Larry Simns, president of the Maryland Watermen's Association, isn't buying that theory, and his membership would have a lot to lose if those two recreational angling groups were successful in getting the Maryland General Assembly to put the striped bass off limits to commercial fishing. Simns suspects this poaching was the work of two boats being operated by "bad apples," who moved their operation from Rock Hall after intense pressure last year from NRP."

Sounds like it should be easy to catch the perps. Look for two MSSA or CCA members who "coincidentally" moved their boats from Rock Hall after LAST years heist of fish.
I just checked. Mr Simn's name is not on my license, therefore he doesn't speak for me and a lot of other license holders.... He's entitled to his opinion, I'm entitled to mine....... Hold you breath until they charge the two of whom he speakes.

MSSA has twisted the response to their "White Paper, of a high official in Maryland State government. What else are they capable of????