Thread: PSCR spread
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 08:22 AM

Hmmm tough one. The regs "No more than 6 lines may be employed while trolling regardless of the number of anglers on board."

Does that mean if 1 is fishing he can deploy up to 6 rods since it is regardless of the number of anglers on board? or is the 3 rods per person in effect here too?

I still find it funny that when the suggestion of 3-5 rods per person was suggested to DNR for the preseason a few years back they said it would be too difficult to enforce as they didnt want officers to have to count anglers and number of rods. They said it would be easier to just count 6 rods. (we all know it was their goal to reduce participation and not violate the freedom to fish act though)

I also find it funny that when I made an official request to have the rod restrictions lifted for the preseason (leaving the regs that focused on reducing release mortality like no stingers, barbless, circle hooks with bait) that DNR stated that they were not it a position to "liberalize" the striped bass regulations.. I should have made that request this year.

Last edited by B-Faithful; 03-17-2014 at 11:59 AM.