View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 09:53 PM

Send a message via AIM to mburrows
Default 11/21 Brickhouse Bar

Didn't get out until late today. Had to wait for my grandson to get a few things done. He's never trolled before and I was hoping to get him a fish. We launched from SPSP around 1:00 and ran south to Brickhouse Bar. Put out a 7 rod spread using 1 planer and boat rods, all tandems except an umbrella as the WWB. Once we were all set I looked south and saw a ton of boats toward Bloody Pt and really didn't want to mess with them so I turned northeast. About 20 minutes later a board rod goes off and the fight is on. He's struggling with it and I give him a hard time calling him a little girl. After awhile and me tightening the drag down a couple times I start wondering what he has, figured a double. Well it kept going back and forth and I had to keep moving rods around to prevent a tangle. He finally got it to the boat and it rolled on the surface. DAMN!!!! Sorry for the little girl comment boy, that is a big fish. No net so I got a good hold on her jaw and slung it in the boat. His face was priceless, he couldn't believe how big it was, neither could I actually. Ended up being 36# and 46" with a 27" girth. Biggest I've had on any of my boats. She was deep hooked so we kept her and kept trolling. Nothing else but still a beautiful day on the water and a special memory I don't think either of us will forget. Many thinks to drichett for all his help. I couldn't get the pic to load but I posted it on the Other board.

Mike