View Single Post
Old 10-25-2014, 11:18 PM

Default Nice day for some small pullage

Had my cousin in from Cape Cod to deer hunt for a few days. It was a struggle for 2 days and they never got one. I suggested a fishing trip instead and they gladly welcomed the idea.
Met at the boat at 8:15 loaded up and ran across the bay to the Patapsco. Were greeted by birds upon arrival so had the crew toss some metal to them and immediately hooked up a few shorts. Quickly heard "Already better than deer hunting!"
Pulled BFG's, Capt John spreaders, tsunami UMB, and a drone. 6oz to mainly 24oz of inline lead. Caught 10 fish but only 1 legal at 20" which was released to grow bigger. First time out fishing the bay in a month plus so good to get out. Hope to hit them a bit harder in the upcoming weeks.
Was able to tag team fish with the 5th for a bit but the bite was slow and Mikes is closing in 8 days so I had to make the tough decision to hit them up for some lunch. Had a great meal then headed across the bay to hit Swan Point for a bit. Caught the keeper over there. Headed in about 2:30.

Did see a red Scarab sneak by just as we were headed into Mike's. Might have been Mark1234......