View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 02:23 PM

Mike and I hit Beachwood today from for about 2 hours from 11:?? to 1:30

When I got there, there was 7 or 8 vehicles there. As one fella left I inquird how he did. He said he'd caught nothing but was there only a short time. said he saw some Bluegill caught and one monster White Perch.

After about 10 minutes I caught my first fish; a skinny 12" Pickerel. At least I got the skunk off my back.

Next came a small Bluegill, full of color. They are really pretty, regardless of their size.

Finally, a Yellow Perch!!! Certainly no world record (ok, not even a keepr sized fish) but what the hell.... I was catching fish and none of the other 5 or 6 people still left were catching anything.

I was floating a 1/16th ounce chartreuse jighead under a bobber with a grass shrimp on it for all 3 fish. The fish never hit when the bobberwas still; I had to retrieve and pause, or give it a few twitches to get the fish interested.

We caught the end of an incoming tide and once the tide stopped moving...well you know what happens. The temp also dropped about ten degrees as the clouds rolled in.