View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
You sure spell Furuno funny
Skip; I know nothing but lowrance. Back in 2001, when I bought my new boat from the dealer, I had a x65 black and white finder installed. For the last 6 years, the only gps I had was a lowrance hand held b/w unit. Whenever I had a problem with either unit, I've sent it back and they have sent me another unit for an extra couple dollars. My gps was so old, they didn't even make my model anymore, so they sent me an upgrade.
Another thing, I don't do much adjusting of my fishfinder. I may adjust the sensitivity or zoom in on the bottom with the bottom lock option, but that's about all.
My old B/W unit may be old, but I know how to read her like she's family. Other brands were considered, but I just felt so comfortable with lowerance. All the menu and pages are similar to what I've had for so many years, I hope the learning curve is quicker with this unit than another brand.
I even struggled with the decission between the 7 and 8 model. But I can get the 7 and have it installed, for less than the price of the 8.
If I was getting a new boat, or if I thought I might ever add downscan, sidescan or radar I would have gone with the 8, but I may be letting the 7 go with the boat if I ever upgrade to a new boat.
In any case; I can't wait for the new unit to get installed and I can "practice" with it during PSCR.
5th (Marty)