View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 12:57 PM

Thumbs up Good day !!

Marty....Glad I was able to help out. Those small fish are all over the place up there! Thankfully they seem to be concentrated in small areas, usually shallow. The birds give them away but when you get close there are no splashes or swirls usually associated with bigger feeding fish. It's been that way for two weeks! It's still fun to watch all the boats scream over to them(ala Jamie) only to wear out their arms catching nothing but dinks! There is a better class of fish in that area but they are spread out and always moving. When you hit them, doubles have been common and these are 26"+ fish! Yesterday our biggest was 31 1/2 ". We actually had our limit at 9:30 but we were tossing back 20" fish hoping for the bigger ones. It's paid off for us 3 days in a row so far. Stay in deeper water (30') and keep away from the fleet (H&L'ers on smaller fish). The bigger fish seem to be right on bottom. You are right about the lures but we are pulling Tsunamies/Bucktails/ and a secret one that I can't divulge. Very glad you had a good day and that I could help you out.