View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Gary;
You are a piss ant (get the pun) in the scheme of things. The bay is so far gone, that no individual or group of individuals is going to turn things around. Only the Government (and normally I hate government projects) has the resourses to address the problem.
I heard a story about the sediment buildup behind the Conawingo Dam being so bad that if they started to remove boxcars full of sediment, it would take years to get it back to when it was built.
Sewage pumping plants dump thousands of gallons of raw sewage into the bay after a big rain storm. How many pee buckets have to come off your boat to make up for the difference?
I understand your theory about each individual taking action to do no harm to the bay; but it will not be enough to make an impact.
I am normally a very opptomistic person, but in reference to the Bay, I am pesimistic about it's recovery unless SOMEONE takes charge. I say someone, because the government is too ambiguose of a term. Why don't you know, the bay is already clean; it was supposed to be cleaned up by 2010 according to the government. Of course the dates just keep getting pushed back further and further when the goal is not met.

When I decide to run for office, I better get at least 20,000 votes from CBA's and TF'ers.
Marty

p.s. and while I'm on my soapbox; Brian, if you are going to try to discredit the lady, please spell her name correctly. I am tired of seeing Pallin on all your posts.
Can't say I have any faith in politicians either. One area we do disagree is that every little bit helps. An honest effort by each and every person makes a difference, and we owe this effort to each other.