View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 10:25 AM

I was telling my wife about the "study" and the possible need to replace the bubble system in rock creek; and she asked "Why not take the 150,000 plus the 250,000 ($400,000) and fix the pumping station that causes the problem?".

I had no answer for her. I don't know if $400,000 would fix the pumping station, but it might. Heck, you might even be able to build another station with $400,000.

Oh, Oh, Oh, I know. If we hook up the air bubbling system to windmills, it would be "Green Energy" and the county would not have to pay for it. The Feds would jump at it.
Hell, why not build wind powered water treatment systems up and down the bay. With the use of wind, we could have a plant that sucks dirty water from the bay into a filtering system that removes the algea and sediment, and then pumps clean water out the other side. It would be like a "Big Oyster". Obama want us to use algae as an alternative fuel, maybe we could burn off the algae to make the system self sufficient.
Come on all you future engineers of the world, help design something to save the Chesapeake Bay.

I know the PSG got together with the midshipmen from the Naval Academy to help design the fishing pier at Downs Park, maybe we could get them involved in a project like the "Big Oyster".
Sounds interesting to me. I might have to approach PSG or Naval Academy myself.
5th (Marty)

p.s. Sorry to be rambling, but I feel like that Native American (my daughter would be so proud of me for not saying Indian) that was on the old commercial on TV that had a tear running down his cheek because of all the pollution he saw.