View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 06:17 PM

Given the rather dire circumstances I think the thing was a success. I found some good deals, had some great oysters, and was impressed with the number of vendors that made it out.

While waiting in line I was chatting with a fella' who comes from Wilmington, DE every year for this. He mentioned how he liked the true "flea market" feel of the event and hoped that it wouldn'tbe taken over by commercial vendors.

I have to agree to a point. I certainly don't mind the commercial vendors at all, especially when they're bringing truckloads of discontinued and obsolete goodies. I can go to All tackle, Anglers or Bass Pro and see new stuff and pay retail price anytime. Here, I like to dig for bargains and do a little old fashioned haggling (which netted me 10 lures that I LOVE for a whopping $8.00)

I also scored a nice rope/plastic boarding ladder that will stow away on my little bass boat rather nicely. I haven't fallen off that boat yet, but having spent some time at Dobbins Island on it I know how difficult it is to re-board it in deep water without a a ladder.

My buddy Garlien scored a few nice things too, but I'll let him tell you about those.

Is it April yet?

Thanks to everybody who worked to make this happen.