View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 06:03 PM

Default Really???

Wow! In the event you hadn’t heard, there is a recession going on. You can hardly chastise Bill for adding a few rods to his business plan. In a tough economy, is it not his right to modify his plan to try to offset his costs a little? Boat builders are sinking left and right. He has a real nice facility and lots of overhead to pay for. Still, he’s generous enough to have an open house where an awful lot of people came and sucked down free food and drinks on his dime. I’m sure many of the people that were there hope to be a Judge owner one day, but Bill had no problem rolling out the red carpet for ALL that could attend. Thank you again!

I am lucky enough (or dumb enough) to be a 2 boat owner. Both happen to be built by Bill. I bought and paid for them just like everyone else does. I have also bought a pair of the JY rods and have sold another 6 to friends since they have seen mine. They seem to be great rod for a fair price; I can't wait to use them! It’s really a GREAT business plan if you think about it- “I’m selling a boat with all these rod holders, why not offer a good rod for a reasonable price to fill them up?? I can save my customer the time and trouble of going somewhere else to buy rods.” What a value-added service!

It’s not like Judge Yachts is in the rod business, nor ever plans to be. Bill is just trying to create another loyal BOAT buying customer, like me. Fortunately, some folks are in a position to buy all custom rods, some are not. If you can afford customs, fantastic! If not, here’s an option better than supporting Wal-Mart.

I thank you for the boats, the rods, AND the pulled pork sandwich at the Open House. I appreciate ALL that you do!
-Jeff
Ps- Bill, if you DO get into the Mr Softee’s business next- I prefer vanilla.