View Single Post
Old 12-06-2014, 06:13 PM

Default Another PLO Report 12/5/14 w/pics

My buddy Kevin and I got a late start today. We didn't leave St. Jerome's Creek until about 9am but we didn't have to come back until dark, so we had plenty of time. There has been a good grade of fish in the area but not many reports of BIG fish, so we left the trolling spread at home and just grabbed a couple jigging rods. I called a charter buddy Jimmy (Gerry C) to get a quick report and he said there was a good bite but no birds to speak of. We had already looked in the area I fished on Monday but today we saw no bird activity there, so we went and found the Gerry C. There was quite a fleet trolling in that area including Greg and Marty as well as a couple of guys jigging, but we knew with no birds (and no trolling gear ) our chances of success were limited. We decided to keep searching (south) and finally found the birds. I'm not talking about a few birds either, there were birds EVERYWHERE for miles. We moved around quite a bit and it turned out the best grade of fish were in the deeper water, about 70'. Stingsilvers and 1 1/2oz jig heads with 10" BKD's were the ticket to get down to the bottom where the bigger fish were. Awesome day with lot's fish in the 25"-29" range and a few fish in the low 30's. More sea lice than I've ever seen before, so hopefully we'll get a couple of more opportunities to fish before the end of the year.

Last edited by Breakaway; 12-06-2014 at 07:02 PM.