View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 03:32 PM

At one time, I used to coach lacrosse and I had a habit of always wearing something yellow (It's my favorite color, and brings me good luck).
When the alarm went off this morning, I saw that my lovely wife had replaced my original shirt with a yellow one. She had heard all about the miserable day we had on Sat. and this was her way of telling me today would be better.
Left the pier at 6am and headed to a different location (somewhere less crowded). Dropped the lines and had a deep umbrella rip a few feet of drag off a reel. I yelled "fish on" and everyone stood around like you get it, no, you get it. The fish got off. Then a green planer line poped and I handed down the rod to the closest customer. The skunk was off the boat.

The day was not fast and furious, but a steady bite allowed me to stay in contact with another CBAngler who was working the same general area. We were both producing fish, so no need to run to each other, but good to know we had a friend out there who I consider one of the best fishermen on the board. If we got into trouble and needed one more to fill our limit, I knew he would have some good information to pass along.

Lucky, we didn't need him. We had a few more pull downs with out hooking up, but we eventually caught our limit before the tide slacked and headed in.

One cool thing was we had our photo taken today by the helicopter. Our group said "Is that a helicopter so close to the water?". And I told them they could have their photo taken and they could buy it off the internet. "Hell yeah" they said. We only had two in the box at that point, so they picked up the fish and posed for the camera. I'm interested to see how it turned out as well.

It sounded like today was definately easier than yesterday for most anglers. I don't know what will win the tournament, but most of our fish remain in the 36-38 inch range.

I have Monday off, I'm sleeping in.
5th (Marty)