Thread: Back home again
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2015, 07:07 PM

Default Back home again

Had the fortunate excuse of taking a customer fishing Friday. Left Tolchester at 12:00 and ran to Solomon's. Stopped off the gas docks to test the waters for 45 minutes or so but to no avail. Headed in to meet our customer for a nice dinner at the Lighthouse
Left the slip Sat morning about 6:30 and ran to PLO. boats were already stacked up at 66-68. Stopped above them and had a nice pick of fish early. Steady pick until 11:30ish then he'll broke loose. No monsters but nice fish. Headed back to Solomon's as we NEEDED another day like today.

Sat morning left the slip at 5:55 with a little help from an open array and Mother Nature providing flat seas, we were rolling 28mph and there before you know it. Thought a would run straight to where I left them the day before but saw a couple birds and a couple marks and stopped short of my original destination. It paid off big time. Caught our 3 overs and 3 understand plus 2 shorts by 8:03. Started at 6:45 north of the fleet again. The real beauty was watching all the boats blow by U.S. To get into the fleet. The couple calls I got were nothing really happening with the fleet. We trolled north a bit but the bite seemed to have shut off just that quick. Calls to Greg and Eric from Judge Yachts but sounded like they were off to a slower start further south. Hopefully things turned around for them later.
Finished with 6 keepers and 2 shorts. 23-34". 55-60' of water worked for us. Heard there was a few fish caught north of us at 72 as well, but think they were smaller grade of fish.
AWESOME 2 days!! Customer was pumped and co-workers were pumped as well. Well worth of the 120 gallons of diesel we burned

Being back in Tolchester Marina at 12:15 -priceless!! . Going tomorrow off Rock Hall; don't expect the same results