View Single Post
Old 04-15-2014, 03:33 PM

I slid into about 38 ft of water without seeing any large amount of bait, so I circled back toward our first hookup. A tug was running that 50 ft edge headed north, so I had to speed up to make it across in front of him.
I was trolling at about 2.5-2.8 on the first hookup. My thought was that the water was still a little cold, and without stinger hooks, I'd run slightly slower than my normal 3.0-3.5 during the season.
I bumped the throttle up to about 4.0 to avoid the tug. Everything was running fine. The other two lures were large umbrellas off each side and I didn't want them to pop the clip.
As I approached the edge, POW, one of the umbrellas (out 6 bars) on Tawns side got crushed. It didn't just come out of the clip, it got ripped out of the clip at 4.0 mph. The fish just couldn't catch up to the single hook, and we recorded it as a knockdown.

When the tug passed, I swung back to the edge hoping for another hit Unfortunately, nothing happened on my pass back west and again east, over the edge.

5th