View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 03:44 PM

Default Offshore trip in the Chesapeake!

Not really an offshore trip, but it almost felt like it today. I ran from my slip in Bodkin Creek to Eastern Bay today. A one hour run at 25 mph to find spot and Rockfish. I kept thinking to myself, at least I'm closer than Jeff and Bruce

Spot were not difficult to find, some doubles. The run to the rock was quick and they were thick. The fishfinder was lit up. All I kept thinking was my buddy Phil would be saying "we can jig these, we can jig these".

The spot were a bit big, but the rock had no problem taking them. Most fish were 24-26 inches, but one 22 inch fish came to the boat carrying a Diamond Jim tag

Normally, he would have been pitched back, but I had to keep the whole fish with tag intact for DNR. Called their Hotline and they will call me tomorrow with instructions. What I want to win, is a prepaid gas card

Next two days look sweet for fishing. It was cloudy and overcast today. Not hot at all on the water. Back at the dock, it was pretty warm, but playing with the hose and cleaning the boat felt good. Go get 'em guys.

P.S. Bruce, thanks for the livewell

5th