View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Not really an offshore trip, but it almost felt like it today. I ran from my slip in Bodkin Creek to Eastern Bay today. A one hour run at 25 mph to find spot and Rockfish. I kept thinking to myself, at least I'm closer than Jeff and Bruce

Spot were not difficult to find, some doubles. The run to the rock was quick and they were thick. The fishfinder was lit up. All I kept thinking was my buddy Phil would be saying "we can jig these, we can jig these".

The spot were a bit big, but the rock had no problem taking them. Most fish were 24-26 inches, but one 22 inch fish came to the boat carrying a Diamond Jim tag

Normally, he would have been pitched back, but I had to keep the whole fish with tag intact for DNR. Called their Hotline and they will call me tomorrow with instructions. What I want to win, is a prepaid gas card

Next two days look sweet for fishing. It was cloudy and overcast today. Not hot at all on the water. Back at the dock, it was pretty warm, but playing with the hose and cleaning the boat felt good. Go get 'em guys.

P.S. Bruce, thanks for the livewell

5th
Marty,
Glad you got some bait and fish. Sorry I haven't been posting but I had my boat in for some R+R and then we have been visiting family in Utah. I will be out Friday in the upper bay looking for the elusive spot fish and some perch and if we get a chance we will look for some stripers. Glad the live well works for you. Plan on heading to several of the oyster bars and even way north of Pooles to survey things. By the way if you need help spending the Diamond Jim money, I am always looking for some relief

bhl (Bruce)