View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 06:18 PM

Talking FINALLY...Acres of Breakers !!!

The fish gods must have seen my last report where I was bitchin' about the lack of birds and breakers
Well this morning made up for it!! We started where we left off Sat. but we only caught one straggler in that spot where we had seen so many fish. Looked about a mile away, out toward the bay and spotted some boats in among some birds We pulled our gear and boogied on over to find fish breaking everywhere. Initially, they were small ones breaking on anchovies. We moved further out to some bigger splashes and were rewarded with all 7 rods going down at the same time!!!. These were quality fish averaging 25 ''. The girls were going nuts, screaming and hollering and having a ball
Amazingly we didn't have any tangles and landed all the fish. I reset the spread and we made another pass and did it again. We had our limit in 10 minutes and were throwing back 25-26" fish and it was only 8:20AM
The action lasted for about 30 minutes and then it died. That was OK because although we didn't have a contest winner, the girls were happy and we got to go in a little early.
We were fishing near the Hill and were using all Swim baits off spreader bars.
Color made absolutely no difference, they were very aggressive.