View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013, 12:43 PM

Default Married a good one

I have a couple charters schedualed for this coming weekend and the following week as well. This weekend was going to be an "us" weekend for the wife and I.

We thought of going to OC, but with them calling for rain on Friday, we decided to bag that. The rain spouts were clogged with leaves, so Sat. Morning I claimed up and cleaned them. Not too much later, Jeff (Justified) called and said he was on my side of the bay at Mikes Crabhouse. He invited me over for a drink, the wife said "go ahead, I'll go food shopping". Jeff and his truly "better half" had a couple drinks and shot the breeze.

Sunday morning, I woke up expecting to shower and dress for church. The wife says, "there's a waterman's docking contest in Solomon's, lets go" we packed a few things and off we went.
What a great competition. Really worth seeing. They even had a 10 year old competing against the adults. He came in third!
Had an Italian sausage at the event and headed home. Half way home, she says, "lets stop at Happy Harbor for dinner". We sat on the deck, watched a little of the later football games, and watched all the Redskins fans drowning their sorrows. It was better than being on the boardwalk and people watching. By the time we got there, they were pretty "lit".
I texted Tawn to see if he was in the bar, but he was home. My wife asked to just keep it the two of us and a romantic dinner (and I know what that can lead to), so I didn't invite anyone for a drink
I sure love her,
5th