Thread: Don (Hunter)
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2014, 02:25 PM

Good staying in touch with Marty. The fishing has been ok but not as consistent as this past winter. Need twice as much chum since a 5 lb block will barely last an hour in the 87-88* water temps and that gets a bit expensive. Offshore bite has become more hit or miss but doable. This time of year the thing to do is chase the bugs (lobster). We have mostly been snorkeling for them in the back bay area where the depths average about 6-7 feet. Dawn and I have been at a slight disadvantage not having a good inventory of lobster holes but we have learned fast how to find them. We caught 11 day before yesterday and another 9 this am. Real sweeeet to have lobster tails building up in the freezer

Skip - I have given up on the new fangled bendable wreck anchors (mighty mite); I have broken off more tines than I care to mention. I finally took the advice of my neighbors and went with a simple ole grapple with the chain attached to the crown and some wire ties as a tripping mechanism....so far so good...

We keep the diving gear on the boat now so it doesn't take much of an excuse to jump in this crystal clear water and take a look around the bottom. I still don't think I could ever jump in the Ches Bay to take a look at 1-2 foot viz....my hat goes off to Skip for doing it time after time. That rod and reel you recovered for me is still in use weekly down here.

2008 Maycraft 2550XL (The Hunter) - Yamaha F250
Grassy Key, Marathon
<*)))))><