View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 02:42 PM

Spring trolling season was fine. I got out 3 days and caught some fish, biggest was 29#.

I didn't go shark fishing in May or June because we went straight into tuna season. The tuna bite was awesome early. I put in 15 days offshore over the summer and slayed BFT to about 60#, YFT to 70. Many multiple hookups, way more than in years prior. Also caught a huge blue marlin about 600# at the Washington. My other notable from the summer was multiple hookups in the WMO, and feeding ballys on circles to whites with good success.

Had some success fishing the suds in Hatteras as well landing a couple citation drum to 45".

I have fished 3 days in the bay this fall catching fish all 3 days. Not a particularly strong bite, but landed fish to 20#.

Summary: Slower year in the bay, but decent fish were around. Fun beach fishing. Awesome early tuna season and good marlin fishing. I'd take years like this anytime. I miss shark fishing though, so a couple mako trips are on teh calendar for 2012.

www.DCMSSA.org
Twitter: @DCMSSA
www.facebook.com/DCMSSA

23' SeaCraft, Twin E-Tec 150s