Thread: What's worse?
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2015, 08:32 PM

Default What's worse?

Snot or Slot?

Out this am with my friend Alan on his 23 Proline Express. Banged a nice slot fish (38) after about 20 minutes of trolling Figured it was looking like a banner day; until we pulled lines at 11:30 with that single fish to show for or efforts
Deep lines were full of snot. we pulled and redeployed the whole spread twice and kept at the deeper boat rods all morning. Singles off the boards stayed pretty clean back 6 or 5 bars. Heavier tandems back the same distance collected snot.

I got a call from Capt. John's mate (Doug) around 9:30. Capt. John had to tend to an emergency back on shore, and they had a second trip scheduled for the afternoon. They wanted to know if I could get to Deale in time for the second trip? Allan was kind enough to cut our trip short so I could help John out.

Doug and I fished out front of CB and picked up 3 keeper fish. Once again we tried to keep the board lines short. Half of them would get "snotted up"; so you were always fishing with half your baits, even while constantly cleaning.

I can't wait for the jellies to get out of here!!

Good luck tomorrow. I'm resting
5th