Thread: New boaters
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 08:50 PM

Default New boaters

I have twin granddaughters (16 months). Today was there first real day on the boat. We never left the slip, but they had fun roaming all over the boat. They were up in the cabin playing, in the captain chair, sitting at the dinette, and exploring the deck.
They loved carrying the 48" fish ruler around, and I caught it at least once before they tossed it overboard
We didn't stay too long (45 min) because I wanted to keep it a good experience. They have been walking for several months, but it was funny to see them getting their sea legs. Whenever the boat rocked, they practiced balancing. They never fell, but they "wobbled" a few times.
This summer holds a trip to BPS for a couple rods that they can "practice" with at grand pops house. This will go along with the "fiddlesticks" (lacrosse sticks for kids) that I have for them too.
I can't wait for warm weather so I can fill a five gallon bucket with water and they can play with toys on the deck.
Today was a positive, I just have to keep the next couple of outings positive and they will be hooked. The judge has some nice high sides (freeboard) and they will grow into it nicely.
5th (Marty)