View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 04:01 PM

I dont fully understand the issue or have spoken to Dave Smith in detail about it so please forgive me if I misspeak.

Since becoming the new executive director Dave is working to rectify the issue. It is more a rule issue as the winners didnt violate and of the tournament rules (rule changes to follow for the future). I dont believe the outcome was a desired MSSA outcome and Dave is working with the MSSA board to resolve to satisfaction for all parties. It just takes some time and working through. I did mention to Dave about the issue when I saw it on TF and he told me he has since been in touch with Dale. Hopefully there will be some sort of resolution that is acceptable to all parties. Dave does have a "tournament committee" reviewing all the rules of all tournaments to ensure that problems like this do not arrise in the future. He did note that this issue was a first that they have had to deal with.

If you have questions or conerns regarding their tournaments, give Dave Smith a call. He is a very fair and level headed guy who works hard for the right thing and his membership. I have always found their tournaments to be fair and well run.