View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 09:10 PM

Jeff; I was waiting for you to post first. Thanks for the invitation.

Allan (just chillin) and I were to meet Jeff on his new 36 Judge at 7:30am at Sandy Point. Allan and I got there a little early and there was only one trailer in the parking lot. However, ther was a large research ship tied up to the dock. We watched for a while and I saw a young lady jump on board. Allan assured me he saw two young ladies on board, so we drove over to check it out. Indeed there were two young ladies onboard, but we got stuck talking to a couple of the male crew. They were headed out to take sediment samples from the bay bottom. They had dozens of coolers and buckets stacked on the stern. Looks like they were in for a muddy day on the water.

Jeff slid past the ship on his way in the SP cut and I snapped a quick pic of him sliding in the harbor (Photo). That's one sick looking ride he has there.
We ran south (and I mean ran) at about 25 knots, dodged a few nets and started dropping lines near Kentmore.

Jeff has some sweet "Judge" rods. 5'6" rods with 6 or 7 eyes and nice metal rod seats. We quickly set some of the rods he had rigged with tandem parachutes. Allan and I started making more tandems with some of the lures he had stored away, and before you know it, we had 7 rods off each board. The spread needs to be fine tuned with some different weight lures, but at least we were covering some water.

With 6 umbrellas and a center deep rod, the makeshift spread was complete.

The main purpose of the day was to check out Jeff's ride. My eyes were all over her like a stripper on a pole. She rides as softly as Capt John's 46 Markley and leaps when the throttle is pushed!!

If that third fish had stayed tight, we would have had an excellent day fishing. However, you can't only judge () a day by fish in the box. Sometimes you are justified () to call it a great day simply by spending time on the water with good friends, good food (twizzlers), and good humor.

Thanks Jeff, I can't wait until you splash her again next spring.
5th (Marty)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 36Judge.jpg (13.3 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg Frank.jpg (15.4 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg F&J.jpg (20.0 KB, 31 views)