View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 07:00 PM

[QUOTE=Spot77;9393]

Do a lot of people keep big fish just to make a trophy out of them?

Is c&r fish death really a big problem?

Spot
I think people keep big fish to brag then have no idea what to do with them. I also believe people keep a limit just because they can. I have many guys at the plant who come in all of trophy season and give away rock because they caught it. I mean filets on top of filets.

As far as c&r, with temps below 60 the dnr showed a kill rate of .08%. That's a # I can live with.

Skip, look back at reports. Very few 40" fish reported kept, but a whole lot of 39s. I stand by my assertion that you should draw the line to release below 40". I would bet there is little difference between # of eggs in a 35" and 40" fish, but I'd bet 100 times more 35" fish are caught. Therefore releasing all over 40" probably has 1000 times less impact on the stock thanaway a 36" limit.

I don't always agree with you, but your opinion carries weight on these little boards. People ask you for advice and are afraid you won't give it if they break any of the rules you preach. They are also afraid to disagree with you. Not your fault at all. Why do I say this and how do I know? Because I got 2 separate bm saying it. And earlier this year when I gave you some crap, I got another bm from one of your friends thanking me for saying it because many don't want to say it for the reasons I stated above. This is not sn indictment on you, it's actually a form of flattery, and a small bit of usery.

We will never get sn agreement to c&r all spring from folks, but I think it's a great idea and will continue to do so.