View Single Post
Old 09-28-2015, 07:23 PM

Default No wind/quick trip

I wasn't planning on hitting the water today, but when I stuck my head out the door I didn't hear the usual leaves on the trees thrashing about I got a few things done and headed for the boat.

As I turned the corner out of the creek, I was pleasantly surprised to see very little chop and headed south.

Birds and breaking fish were everywhere. I guess they have been waiting for the winds to die too

I would estimate about four miles of birds and breakers. The tide was running out at a good clip and the winds were behind me as well. I could set up a drift that took me from one pod of breakers to another

Unfortunately, I didn't find any keeper rock (most were 15-17 inches) and blues were small to average size (12-15 inches). Fun to catch on light tackle, but I was looking for bigger rock. It was going to be a C/R trip as I had no ice and it got warm in the late morning/early afternoon.

Never found the bigger fish, but I had fun anyway. I couldn't believe there weren't bigger fish mixed in with the small. Look at the marks on the finder I thought for sure some 22-24 were under me
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1904.jpg (95.9 KB, 23 views)