View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 04:14 PM

Default It was a beautiful day on the bay

Left SPSP at 7:00, saw Gannets all over the place a couple miles south of the BB. I deployed my spread and commenced put putting around and around.
I had an unweighted tandem parachute umbrella that got 3 fish, 1 umbrella with 12 ounces(no fish) and 4 tandems off the boards, 3 different rods each got a fish on the board, each fish hit the heavier of the tandem. I was home by 2:30, boat cleaned and everything put away by 3:00. There was no wind till 11:00 and I watched it come across the bay and it was immediately 10-15 from the west. Pretty cool to watch. The wind ended up dying off after a couple of hours. Saw lots of friends out there today including the PoPo. I saw him slow down behind me as I was cleaning my lines, once I got everything set I moved both umbrellas over the the port side with the tandems to allow him to pull up next to me. He counted my rods and asked if I was using bait or lures, if they were single hooks and the barbs were mashed. He was actually a real nice guy and as quick as he showed up he disappeared.
I did get a picture of one of the fish, but you guys know what they look like.
Might try again tomorrow.
I want to wish everyone good luck next weekend, I will be in Key West.
John