View Single Post
Old 02-16-2018, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finprof View Post
I use prescription half frame reading glasses - no frame on the top - that I bought in 1987. About six months ago I broke one of the temples. At least a dozen places told me that nobody made them any more, but I lucked into a set when my wife was looking for reading glasses at a store that is out of the way.

Ted Trueblood one said that if you find something you like, buy two of them because if it is any good, they will quit making them.
That's exactly what I did with my Maui Jim's I previously had Costa's. The frames were nice, but the blue tint was simply coated over the prescription glass. It soon began wearing off, and when I contacted Costa they were not willing to make them right. This was years ago, Costa made the frames, but farmed out the prescription portion of their sunglasses. I believe they do the whole job now.

Maui Jim's did their own process in house and is much better quality (my opinion). Sooo, I had another set made. I have one with black frames and dark gray lenses, and another with brown frames and more yellow tint lenses.

I guess I have to start looking for another set of regular glasses (frames I like) to keep on hand. Guess I'll have to find some old fashion store that still separates their frames into "male" and "female" sections

I wish I wasn't so old, I'd try lasik's I can remember when they used to cut your lens 7 ways to try to correct your vision. Now, with the computer "shaving" type of surgery, I'd do it if I was 15 years younger.
5th