View Single Post
Old 07-31-2015, 03:35 PM

7/31
Well, I didn't do very well today in that area
Left dock at 6am and ran east into a rising sun. We did have the "blue moon" last night, and it was pretty to see (sun in front and moon behind us). Of course I guess technically, every bodies moon is behind them

A little choppy this morning and we ran to red 8 in front of Rock Hall. With the wind out of the north, we dropped lines and trolled south along a ledge. When we got all the way down to the mouth of the Chester, I called Jeff to see exactly where he had been picking up his fish on hoses
What a Prince, he sent me a text message with a pic of a navionics chart with "x marks the spot" on it Now you can't get any more detailed than that!!
We picked up our 7 lines and ran to "the honey hole". There were a fair number of charters and private boats already there. We dropped our spread and joined in the procession.
Many charters had board lines out, but I swear, I never saw another boat trolling catch a fish We were lucky enough to get two nice healthy fish (24, 26) along with one huge blue (21) for our efforts.
Livelinning looks like the way to go for good numbers of fish with not too much fuel spent
My buddy Jason offered to bring me some spot from his pen, but I was sure we could catch our 6 fish trolling (ha,ha). At least the two guys on my boat went home with some nice filets. Eat em fresh, I always say.

Thanks Jeff for the info. I didn't mark many fish today. Lots of bait (silversides), but nothing working it today.
We did catch some "shorts" but no one want to hear about that
Later,
5th