View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 08:45 AM

Thanks Marty,

I've been trying to catch Rockfish the past two seasons without much luck. I caught one 34" trolling on the Eastern edge of the channel across from Sandy Point Lighthouse early Spring of 2012.

Been skunked ever since... About 16 trips = no Stripers. *Unless you count the little 7" babies I catch on bloodworms when Perch Fishing. Bunches of them...

I've tried trolling plugs, spoons, parachutes, umbrellas, tandems; green, white, you name it. I built planer boards and have spread 3 lines each side and one off each corner for a total of 8 lines in my spread. Last year I even bought a downrigger to try and 'dial-in' my depth. I am THE unluckiest fisherman in the Upper Bay. It really gets discouraging when I hear folks on 68 radio'ing "24 in the boat" and boats all around me are hooking up - but not me.

At this point, I don't think I have the tackle wrong - I think it must be something wrong with my boating. Maybe I'm trolling too fast / wrong direction / wrong tide / something.

Can you share any specific tips on what I should be doing with the boat? I feel like I'm losing this fight at the helm.

Thanks,

Mike
The Miss Adventure