View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
What a sweet day. We left the dock at 8am for an easy day of C/R fishing with three guests and Captain John and me.

The first fish hit my damn six pack shortly after putting the lines in the water. As we were putting the rod back out, an umbrella off the boat bent with the weight of another nice fish. Sea lice was all over the gunnel and deck. Another fish came off the six pack, and everyone who sees this rig shakes their head and can't believe it has been so productive.

The boards got hot the rest of the day and everyone had a great day.

We worked the western side just north of Ches. Beach in 50 ft of water. We caught fish up until the storms started building over the western shore. The skys turned dark, the wind picked up, and we racked rods.

Once back in the slip, the sun came back out, the winds died, and I washed the boat off in nice weather.

I didn't take any photo's today because John was using his new camera (similar to a go pro camera). The footage turned out great. The whole back of the boat is in view and the camera has some sort of stabilizer built in, because you don't see the roll or tossing of the boat.

We can mount it (with suction cup) just under the roof to keep it out of the elements (even though it's water proof).

Great day, fun crew, and I finally got John to make shirts for me with "Patent Pending" stenciled on the shirt.

I can't wait for the season to start.
5th (Marty)
Where in the spread are you running the 6pack? I bought two of them last fall, and didn't have much success. I was running them 100' back, no weight on the board... Maybe I should try to throw it back in the spread

Also, parachute, bucktail, unweighted shad, or Tsunami shad as the hooked bait? I had Tsunamis on the last year.