Thread: she's purring
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2015, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Charlie View Post
Hey Rob.....Does Jeff mean those big "ladder rigs" w/ the 6, 9" shad teasers? Remember the yr before last when you and Marty were putting them out on Capt Johns Boat ? I laughed at them and said you were crazy! 5 mins later we were cranking in BIG fish on them. It made me a believer so you made me a couple. Day before yesterday I dug one out when it was a little slow and put it out on my middle deep rod. The crew laughed at me and I just smiled. I said it was my "secret weapon" and to "watch that rod"!
I went up in the cabin and was watching our new Garmin unit when a big mark came across at 20'. I yelled to the guys to watch the rod and , like clockwork, the damn thing starts pumping !!! Nice 41" keeper and a lot of surprised anglers. Those crazy things really do work and all those teasers keep the jellies off the lure!!
No Charlie, I still have 2 of those "fish ladders". The chandelier WAS a double umbrella that stepped down like a chandelier. She was beautiful!! Got in to too skinny o' water and snagged bottom. And just like that, she was gone....