View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 04:25 PM

Default Fishing Report: PLO 11/29/2010

It's been a long time since I posted but thought I'd pass along today's report.

Left PLO Park at sunrise and headed east. Put out the spread and trolled east/west across the channel.

We had about an hour and a half of tide/current before it went slack. We picked up two in that time. Both off a Chart 2 oz chute off the board. It's strange that they hit that light one. It has rarely produced for me in past falls but two today..back to back. Things that make you go hmmm?

Went in to slack time and the bait and birds disappeared. Once the current returned so did some activity. Saw massive bait on the FF and just after we passed over it, one of my downriggers starts singing. White umbrella about 30 ft down. About an hour later my other downrigger goes off, this one with a chart umbrella (with a Fish Nut Special Mylar chute I might add...thanks Rob!).

We had our 4 overs for the trip and weren't really interested in chasing footballs so we pulled lines and headed in.

It was an odd day of hits. Two very high in the column and then two off downriggers. Three taken in the channel, one in about 45'. Two on east side, two on west side. Had a couple of knockdown on tandems thrown into the mix.

Fish ranged in size from mid 30's to 42". All loaded with sea lice.