View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post

p.s. I'll gladly sit on the sidelines and not post such topics in the future. I just get frustrated when I log on and find nothing new to read on the website. Someone else can take the lead. It's a long winter ahead. Go for it!
Marty, definitely don't stop posting. I enjoy reading your topics. I 'll try to get more involved if I feel I have anything worthwhile to add.

I'm OK with DNR not extending the season, I think they screwed up 2 years ago when they did extend it. Set the season and leave it alone. Hell as far as I'm concerned they could shorten it. I'd fish the same amount whether it's C&K or C&R. Before I started fishing the bay I fished the upper Potomac and the Susquehanna for smallmouth bass for years and NEVER kept a fish (does anyone even eat smallmouth?). I do enjoy eating rockfish and keep a fair share of the fish I catch, but you know as well as I that's not the reason we fish.

I'll agree with Reds that this wasn't a banner year, but I sure won't say it was a bad year either. Sometimes I stayed on the water a little longer to catch fish, but is that really a problem? Well to my wife it was!

I can deal with the restrictions they put on the PSCR (6 rods,barbless hooks,blah,blah,blah). Kind of brings back memories of when I first started fishing the bay with 6 rods. Still caught fish this spring and didn't have to deal with all the boat traffic.

Now if there's talk about taking away C&R......let me know, I'll round up as many as I can to help fight.

Good luck in 2011
Jeff