Thread: end of 2017
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessie27 View Post
Come on MARCH!!!!! I secretly try to beat Marty in the water and I know he shoots for St Pat’s Day. He is tough competition as I THINK he splashes, fishes, then when things slow down after trophy season, he pulls and paints. I hope to splash for the entire season when I go over. Any in between hauls mean something is wrong.

PS- I know a Parker owner who does this sometimes too and he does it “without remorse”.
Hey Jeff;
I'm getting too old to lay on the wet cold spring ground to paint the bottom. My "cycle" is now to splash mid/late March (yes I shoot for St Patties Day; but it depends on my mechanic). The water is still cool and not much growth accumulates on the transducers or hull.
After Trophy season, I power wash the bottom to remove any growth and I may hit the waterline with new paint (tape it off and do a quick roll about six inches down).
During the summer, the bottom stays relatively clean from use Last year, the growth on the transducers was terrible. I had to jump over the sides and clean them every 2/3 weeks
Early fall (Sept/Oct), I pull the boat, power wash, and paint. She now has a clean pretty bottom and good transducers for the CBA Tournament and Judge Shootout
Of course, it didn't help me this year. Jason spanked us pretty good
But, the boat has plenty of paint on the hull to last through the end of December and into the Trophy season.
I have been using Pettit "HydraCoat" for several years. It's an ablative water based paint that doesn't have a chemical smell, and it covers further than regular paint. Good Stuff !!

If anyone wants to get out of "painting" this spring; just tell yourself you are trying "Marty's Method".

P.S. I have a green "undercoat" of paint, with blue paint showing on the hull. When signs of "green" start showing through the blue paint, I know I have to get busy
5th
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2713.jpg (94.3 KB, 6 views)