View Single Post
Old 08-14-2015, 03:15 AM

Hey now .... lets not make fun of my premium fishing beer!

Beautiful day yesterday.

I ran a trip Dale from the Wild Goose sent our way. The email I got said 9 guys, all out of town, executive-types for a full day trip, 6am - 2 pm.

Me and the Mate show up at 5am, get everything ready and wait....finally leave at about 6:30 and come out right behind John, Marty & Bruce.

Out of sheer principal, I refused to go above the bridge so we ran up to a tick north of TPL and set up shop with the boards and 16 rods.

Nothing special, a fish about every 30 minutes with a 1:1 ratio of keeper to 18" throwbacks.

Had 6 in the box and was confident I could get at least 3 more so everyone had at least one fish when one of the guys casually asked at about 11:15 when we would be heading back since he had to be at BWI at 2pm

One of the guys was from Florida and had a boat so I point it toward the channel away from everything and ask him to take the wheel while the mate and I ripped everything out of the water as fast as we could.

Got back to the harbor with just enough time for the one guy to make his flight.

When we asked how they wanted their fish cut they said they were all flying out later and didn't want any of it.

After explaining that the Harbor would cook it up for them, they ended up hanging out for awhile and had fresh fried and blackened rockfish for lunch.

I had to settle for Budweiser while helping clean the boat since the Harbor doesn't carry Natural Light
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 13 Aug 1.jpg (30.4 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 13 Aug 2.jpg (84.5 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by Tawn; 08-14-2015 at 08:34 AM.