View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 06:14 PM

Default 4/29 limit... finally!!

Got out just above the bridge today and was surprised to find almost no one. Wind, rain, and being a work day paid off. We had 4 guys but ended up making a quick trip in to shore to drop a guy off (see photo). He forgot to take his fish with him for some reason so we had to release #4. That's ok, she was still working her way to the spawning grounds anyway. Kept 3 fish from 34"- 37" that we're nice and thin
Spankin Stripers on the port side was the hot ticket!! Fish were in 45' and not in a ton of bait. Marked a bunch near the sewer pipe but didn't hook up there; more towards the western shore. My 2 friends had their personal best trip ever so it was a GREAT day.
I did notice that the charters that were headed towards the ships when I left this morning were cleaned up and gone by the time we got back to the dock.

Ps- my buddies thumb is throbbing like hell but fine. I need to put bolt cutters on the boat just in case that happens again. Please use caution when removing hooks from lively fish, or better yet... use tools!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (92.9 KB, 31 views)