Thread: PSCR spread
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikie View Post
My understanding of the three rod rule is it is for the whole State, tidal and non-tidal, for ANY type of fishing. I didn't see anything in the law being species specific, season specific or method specific. What makes you think it only pertains to a certain type of fish or season?
Much of what you say is true. It is for the whole State, it is tidal and nontidal, it is not species specific, or method specific.
My UNDERSTANDING, is that it doesn't affect PSCR per discussions with and meetings with DNR. That being said; every time I speak with DNR, I get an uneasy feeling that they themselves don't really have a handle on all the specifics.
If you go to your fishing handbook, received with your liscense, you will see that the PSCR restrictions are listed as in years past (max 6 rods, no stingers,barbs crimped).
There is NO mention of the 3 rod rule in the 2014 handbook at all. This is going to cause a mess for NRP police. They have a difficult time enforcing the laws that are mentioned in the book; imagine them trying to enforce the 3 rod rule that is NOT mentioned

You may be correct Getting information from DNR is like calling MVA, you get a different answer from whoever you talk to.
For safty sake, I never PSCR without someone else on my boat. With water being so cold, it is prudent to have at least one other person to be able to drive the boat should someone fall overboard.

Both DNR and MSSA have released information that the rule will be recinded. As of today, that's not the case. If it doesn't get recinded, lots of people will end up with egg on their face.
But what do we have to fear, the same State employees and legislators who put together the Maryland Health Care regulations and websight are on top of this problem
5th