View Single Post
Old 11-13-2015, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Mike, I'm getting a washer/dryer delivered Saturday. Don't know when, they call when they will be delivering within the "next" two hours
But I'm not hesitant to put my thoughts out there for you to evaluate.

First and foremost, I view this as a CBA get together with a tournament thrown in as a bonus. Mike, you have been extremely generous with your time to secure a "place", arrange for slips, and donate charcoal for the cookout.
Because this is a first (fishing tournament) for CBA, I think we should keep it as simple as possible. Therefore, this is what I propose.

1) We have already set the price at $50/boat. I'm planing on three fishermen on my boat. That's $20 each (I'm making them pay for ice; I supply the boat and fuel). For $20 I really don't care if it blows 30mph and my boat stays at my marina. We will all show up at the weigh in site and cook out/drink beer and have a good time. If per chance, it should rain too hard to fish and have outdoor activities, we can still meet at the marina and we have enough cars /trucks to shuttle people to Coconut Charlie's Bar (about three miles away) for indoor drinks and conversation
2) So therefore, no rain date. Mike gave his marina a date and they were gracious enough to oblige.
3) Bring your one fish (20 inches or greater) for measurement. No weighing fish. No photo's. Stick a cooler in the trunk of your Mercedes and bring your winning fish to the marina
4) Weigh-in is 1pm. This leaves time for guys like Jason to get from South of Annapolis to the marina either by boat or car. Jeff, if I catch a decent fish before noon, I'll try to be at the marina to "get the party started" and get some coals hot. Everybody brings their own food and drink for their crew.
5) If entries are less than 10 boats; winner takes all If we have 11 or more, there will be rewards for three places.
6) If we have a Noreaster, and no one can take their boat out, we will draw names out of a hat and distribute the prize monies among the boat captains.

Remember, this is our first attempt at this. We can always take suggestions for next year (maybe a spring tournament?). Let's just use the KISS principle this year (Keep it simple stupid).
If it rains like hell and we have to hit Coconut Charlies for cover; maybe Mako Mike, Mike (garlein), and I will buy the first round

So, I think that covers everything
Mike, you are pretty much heading this thing up, but if I'm part of the "committee", these are my suggestions.
5th (Marty)
I like it, I am definitely in. I assume that all waters are open for fishing and seafood store parking lots are not??

See you in the winner's circle!! (Probably from the outside looking in though)