View Single Post
Old 04-18-2016, 09:02 PM

Mike; thanks for the insight. I don't know the exact circumstanse, but I was told the hook (9/0 stinger) went completely through the hand; in one side and out the other.
The way I put my stingers on my lures, I select the smallest eye that will pass over the lure hook. If one of my stingers went through me, it would be very difficult to detach the stinger from the lure.
I could cut it off (just below the eye) and I would leave the hook in the wound because, as you said, excessive bleeding. Who hasn't watched a hospital show where the guy walks in with a spike in his head and the nurses/doctors didn't say "Good thing you didn't pull it out"

Even the hospital does X-rays before extracting the object. I never thought about increasing infection from Corrosion X. I just figured we could always pour some of Jeff's Fireball over the hand and light it to sterilize and cauterize the wound

But seriously, this is something we should all think about. I know a similar thing happened to another Judge owner a couple of years ago

Maybe I'll spring for a good set of bolt cutters from Sears instead of Harbor Freight. You can always take Craftsmen tools back if not satisfied

Thanks,
Marty