Thread: 1/16th Jigger
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Faithful View Post
I will say that I use 15lb power pro on my light tackle stuff.
Greg;
But my 30 lb came in a pretty yellow color.

Here's another question for you. When you troll 6 rods, how do you select which 6 to troll? I look at all 15 rods and hear them wispering "pick me, pick me". It's so stressful. They have all spent the winter loveingly placed butt to tip in the basement rafters. Spiders have been crawling over them for months. All of them want to be taken down and wiped off with corrossion x again and have their terminal tackle replaced or at least retied for the season. If any are missing their little red bead just prior to the snap swivel, they want a new shiny one.
It's hard not to be prejudice toward a rod that caught a lot of fish last year, but then I think, maybe it was just the placement in the spread that made that rod catch. Maybe I should let the rod that only held a single chute last year come on the boat with me during preseason.
See; jiggers think trolling is easy. What do they do, pick up the same three rods all year long? They just don't understand the intricate details associated with trolling.
I won't even get into our selecting which lures to use preseason. All the sparkley mylar chutes have a smug look on their face knowing they are better than the rest. But I dissapoint quite a few and select their older cousins in order to grind off the barb and remove the stinger. I wish there was some sort of anaesthetic I could use with them, the screams associated with grinding down their little barbs is enough to make a grown man cry.

Anyway; the season has started, the skunk is off the boat, and six of my rods are now happy.
Marty (5th)